TERMS FOR INVESTORS
The following terms and conditions apply to all investors attempting to bid or sell properties on RealtyBid.com. Please take a moment to read this document thoroughly before registering on the site.
General Terms for Investors:
Terms for Investors Bidding on Properties on RealtyBid.com
Each registered Investor shall act with honesty and integrity while on the site; otherwise, user privileges shall be revoked. RealtyBid.com may suspend your account and seek legal remedies if the site's staff at any time suspects that either as a buyer or seller, you have committed or engaged in fraud or fraudulent activities relating to transactions on the site. Any Investor making fraudulent bids on this site or defaulting on properties won shall be banned from the site indefinitely without any recourse from the Investor.
Fees & Services
Currently, registration is free; however, we reserve the right to change our Site Terms at any time relating to fees and other items mentioned or not mentioned in this published document. Changes to the policy are effective after we have posted the new Site Terms for at least five (5) consecutive days. We may in our sole discretion change any or all of our services at any time. If a change occurs in a particular service, the fees for that service are effective at the introduction of the service. Each Property will be subject to an Internet Transaction Fee (a.k.a. Buyer's Premium) added to it as defined in the description box for each property on the property’s bid page, to be paid by the BUYER at the closing.
Discrepancies in Advertisements
If there are any discrepancies between the terms and conditions outlined on this site and the terms outlined in the Purchase Agreement, the terms in the Purchase Agreement shall prevail, so read the Purchase Agreement carefully. All dates and times listed on this site supersede any advertisements or printed statements.
Bid Presentation to the Seller
If a property meets or exceeds its reserve price during the Online Bidding process, it will be coded as Pending until the buyer executed Purchase Agreement and a deposit check is received from the Bidder. At that point, the bid will be presented to the Seller, and if it is accepted in their system, and the Purchase Agreement is fully executed, it will be coded as Sold and the closing process will begin. While the property is coded as Pending, and up until the property is accepted in the Seller’s internal system, additional higher bids may be presented.
Post Bids: If a property does not meet its reserve price during the Buy Today process or the Online Bidding Process, it will move to a Post Bidding status, which means that additional bids can be submitted up until an acceptable bid is achieved and accepted in the Seller’s internal system.
Highest and Best Offer Process: If more than one bid is submitted in what is considered an acceptable price range by RealtyBid.com, a highest and best offer round may be held to make sure each bidder received a fair opportunity to place their highest possible bid. This process may be utilized even after a property is coded as Pending. The highest and best offer process will be utilized at Seller and RealtyBid.com’s sole discretion.
Notice to All Bidders: RealtyBid.com is charged by its Sellers with selling properties in a time efficient manner at the highest possible price. In all cases, it operates its business process with those two ideas in mind.
Negotiations & Post Bidding Activities
Once an online bidding event concludes, neither the Seller nor RealtyBid.com is under any obligation to negotiate with any bidder. All properties will be sold on a "first come, first served" basis by the Seller.
Final Approval by Seller
Each Seller on this site reserves the right to have final approval of any and all Purchase Contracts submitted by any broker or bidder, regardless of information provided by this site, any broker, or any RealtyBid.com employee or affiliate to the contrary. Each Seller reserves the right to have final review of any and all Purchase Contract regardless of whether or not the Reserve Price has been met. No property sale will be considered approved or final until a Purchase Contract has been signed by both Buyer and Seller.
RealtyBid.com Fairness Doctrine
RealtyBid.com prides itself on offering properties on a fair and level playing field, allowing bidders an equal and fair opportunity to compete. If it is determined by RealtyBid.com that a property is won unfairly, for any reason, RealtyBid.com reserves the right to 1) re-offer the property in a new round of bidding, 2) request a highest and best offer among the bidders or 3) return the property to the Seller and not sell it to any bidder.
Online Transaction Venue
RealtyBid.com provides an online real estate transaction venue that allows for the bidding and transfer of properties via a public forum. RealtyBid.com does not hold itself out to be a real estate broker or agent, nor does it claim to act on behalf of buyers or sellers, even though it does hold real estate and auctioneer licenses in numerous states. RealtyBid.com does claim to provide an efficient and sophisticated platform that allows sellers to advertise their properties to willing and able buyers. All Listing Brokers identified with a property on this site are agents of the Seller, not the Buyer. If a disruption of Internet bidding service (such as a power outage) occurs at the end of an event, RealtyBid.com reserves the right to extend that particular event for a reasonable period of time as decided by RealtyBid in order to provide bidders a fair chance to compete for the purchase of a property.
Terms for Investors Selling a Property on RealtyBid.com:
Each Investor selling a property on RealtyBid.com agrees to the following:
- During the timeframe the property is on RealtyBid.com, I agree to place all offers I receive on the website. No offer will be considered outside the RealtyBid.com process.
- I agree that an Internet transaction fee will be charged to the winning buyer of the property and paid to RealtyBid.com at the closing. This fee will be agreed to on a RealtyBid.com Fee Addendum that I will have signed by the Buyer when the Purchase Contract is executed. I agree that if a property sells and I do not get the RealtyBid.com Fee Addendum signed by the Buyer, I will be responsible for payment of that fee.
- I agree that after posting a property on RealtyBid.com, if I request to have the property withdrawn from the site prior to the full Duration of the online bidding event a Withdrawal Penalty could be assessed (unless prior approval has been granted by RealtyBid.com Management).
- I agree that a Starting Bid below my reserve price will be generated by the RealtyBid.com system and that the Starting Bid will not be determined by me.
- I agree to post as much useful information about the property as I have obtained and I will provide any required disclosures for the property.
- I agree that the Buyer Agent (Selling Agent) commission input into the RealtyBid.com system will be the same as that offered in the MLS. If not, the MLS listing will be used to determine the fee paid to a Buyer Agent. We encourage the payment of commission by Sellers to Buyer Agents placing bids for their clients on RealtyBid.com properties, as this practice draws more potential bidders for properties offered on the website.
- I agree that I will not artificially inflate or influence the bids on a particular property, and I will discourage my client from doing the same.
- I agree that RealtyBid.com is a marketing vehicle to assist me in generating activity on a property and that it does not represent my client or any bidder as an agent.
- I agree that RealtyBid.com has given no guarantee as to its ability to obtain any price for a property.
- I agree that I can monitor all of my listings and their bidding activity through my Investor Account by clicking the link to the Activity Report.
- I agree to and entrust RealtyBid to utilize the RealtyBid Investor Contract for the sales transactions of my properties sold on RealtyBid.com. Click Here to view a sample RealtyBid Investor Contract.
If you have thoroughly read each of the terms (rules) above and agree to abide by them fully, please click I AGREE to continue: